Вземи премиум и отключи всички добавки
Публикации.: 30   Посещава се от: 96 users
23.04.2014 - 11:39
Hi atwar community,

I think it is fair to say that most competitive players agree that the CW system can be improved. I had a rather simple idea that I thought could really solve many problems so I decided to share. I propose that the CW season takes into account 50 CW's.

Here is my simple rationale behind this proposal.
• I think that considering the length of each season this is easily achievable for the truly active clans
• It rewards the clans that are very active and forces others to increase activity if they wish to have a real shot at winning.

It is well known in the world of science and all investigative pursuits that as sample size increases the results reflected become more accurate and reliable. Thus,
• It will provide a more accurate reflection of the strongest coalition over the course of the season; random results against much stronger teams will account for less since a bigger sample will be used for the determination of the final winner
• It will be more difficult to replace losses(as occurs with the current system) , the only way a team can do this is to be extremely active and as such they will be rewarded for their activity.

In conclusion, without being to verbose, this proposal is rather uncomplicated and it seeks to give a more accurate determination of the best coalition over the course of a season and encourage teams to be as active as possible.
----
"When you connect to the silence within you, that is when you can make sense of the disturbance going on around you."
― Stephen Richards
Зареждане......
Зареждане......
23.04.2014 - 11:43
Support
----
"Riddle me this, Riddle me that...?" - The Riddler

Зареждане......
Зареждане......
23.04.2014 - 12:12
50? too much, maybe like 30, many have proposed such ideas before, but admins never listen to us.
----
"My words are my bullets."-John Lydon

Spart is love
Зареждане......
Зареждане......
23.04.2014 - 12:35
Написано от bullet86, 23.04.2014 at 12:12

50? too much, maybe like 30, many have proposed such ideas before, but admins never listen to us.

Sometimes it is not so much a matter of what is proposed but how it is proposed. I invite people to keep sharing their opinions, give sufficient feedback on the thread and if sufficient support is gathered I have no problem doing a proper proposal on behalf of the community.
----
"When you connect to the silence within you, that is when you can make sense of the disturbance going on around you."
― Stephen Richards
Зареждане......
Зареждане......
23.04.2014 - 13:21
Support. Seems like a good idea.
----
We are not the same - I am a Martian.
We are not the same - I am a... divided constellation?

Зареждане......
Зареждане......
23.04.2014 - 13:26
Another component which crossed my mind but I failed to mention in the initial post is a system to aid the management of competence. When a particular coalition loses a lot it can become very unattractive to play a CW against them due to such very low competence and it can disenchat even some future members. What I would suggest to help deal with this is a competence reset for all clans with negative to 0.00 or 0.01 or something of that nature at the end of each season. So at start of each new season there will be no clans with negative competence. Another feature is the reward of bonus CP to the top 3 coalitions at the end of each season. This will help reward clans that have a great season even more and help to give an even greater indication of the stronger clan's at the present time .

Let me use evol as an example, they start from a very low competence, imagine they place 2nd in two consecutive seasons .. the bonus CP distributed at the end of the season will help to give an even greater indication of the current standing of the group within the competitive scene. This will give greater reward for teams that have managed to be very active and have a great season!

These are just a couple extra features that I thought could also be useful but the main proposition remains the same .
----
― Stephen Richards
Зареждане......
Зареждане......
27.04.2014 - 01:01
What about a minimum qualifier of 10 or 20 CW games?
Зареждане......
Зареждане......
27.04.2014 - 02:59
Support.
----
Зареждане......
Зареждане......
27.04.2014 - 22:16
Написано от Director Aries, 27.04.2014 at 01:01

What about a minimum qualifier of 10 or 20 CW games?

Well to be honest I dont even think this wll be necessary, if you play such few CW's you are likely to be at the buttom of the table anyway ..The active teams that really want to win will try to use up all the games, if not you just get passed..
----
― Stephen Richards
Зареждане......
Зареждане......
28.04.2014 - 01:04
I like the current cw system. Adding more cws won't make anything better since new clans barley ever cw.
----
It's not the end.

Зареждане......
Зареждане......
28.04.2014 - 02:33
Only clans that reach over 20 cws each season are Syndi,Illyria,PL,Evol,SM, and MK so this isnt necessary
----

Spart is love
Зареждане......
Зареждане......
29.04.2014 - 15:50
Stryko
Профилът е изтрит.
50 CWs would be great, but the admins barely agreed to having 25; they put 20 as a compromise. Apart from that you have my support.
Зареждане......
Зареждане......
30.04.2014 - 10:54
Написано от Guest, 29.04.2014 at 15:50

50 CWs would be great, but the admins barely agreed to having 25; they put 20 as a compromise. Apart from that you have my support.

the situation has changed. Now more CWs are played in general then when admins made that. I am sure they will increase the amount of CWs per season. Maybe not 50 but 30-40

<3
----

Зареждане......
Зареждане......
30.04.2014 - 11:10
Oh, i always wanted to say one really important thing about CWs
people always complain about 'there is not enough CWs and 3v3s'

Well, i really want to play 3v3s, but i'm rank 5, THERE IS NEVER EVER GOING TO BE A 3v3 RANK 5+
Зареждане......
Зареждане......
30.04.2014 - 11:19
Написано от Sir.TalkALot, 30.04.2014 at 11:10

Well, i really want to play 3v3s, but i'm rank 5, THERE IS NEVER EVER GOING TO BE A 3v3 RANK 5+

Yeah i know that problem. I dont know why the people who host such games are so cruel to lower ranks. I at least also make my games open for all ranks. I hope others will start doing so as well. Unfortunally in the last months a trend began to make rank restrictions to such games from rank 7+ or sometimes even 8+
----

Зареждане......
Зареждане......
30.04.2014 - 11:20
Написано от Safari, 30.04.2014 at 11:19

Написано от Sir.TalkALot, 30.04.2014 at 11:10

Yeah i know that problem. I dont know why the people who host such games are so cruel to lower ranks. I at least also make my games open for all ranks. I hope others will start doing so as well. Unfortunally in the last months a trend began to make rank restrictions to such games from rank 7+ or sometimes even 8+

pffff, i once joined a 3v3 rank 0-15, but then...everyone cryed: remake, rank 7+
Зареждане......
Зареждане......
02.05.2014 - 19:43
Написано от Mr_Own_U, 28.04.2014 at 01:04

I like the current cw system. Adding more cws won't make anything better since new clans barley ever cw.

Mou, with all due respect,I would think you like the current system, your clan benefits from a big flaw in this said system, "having low competence-greater cp gain" , in a larger sample losing will not be rewarded as much since all those many losses will be considered; so few wins and many losses will reflect where a group really stands.
Concerning your point about newer clan barely competing.. well this is to encourage those who do.. , those who really want a shot a winning,it seems there will always be groups who dont compete much.. guess one way or another they will remain unaffected
----
― Stephen Richards
Зареждане......
Зареждане......
02.05.2014 - 19:49
I agree ( if this was an idea) to dwarf the amount of CP a lower competence clan gets from a big win. I do agree with this!
----
It's not the end.

Зареждане......
Зареждане......
02.05.2014 - 19:49
Написано от Safari, 30.04.2014 at 10:54

Написано от Guest, 29.04.2014 at 15:50

the situation has changed. Now more CWs are played in general then when admins made that. I am sure they will increase the amount of CWs per season. Maybe not 50 but 30-40

Well I certainly do hope so, I don't imagine it will mean more work for them since "I think" it is simply changing "what I believe is a simple algorithm". I seems straightforward, greater sample size, more accurate results,.. more activity possible...
----
― Stephen Richards
Зареждане......
Зареждане......
02.05.2014 - 19:55
Написано от Mr_Own_U, 02.05.2014 at 19:49

I agree ( if this was an idea) to dwarf the amount of CP a lower competence clan gets from a big win. I do agree with this!

One of the components of the system I mentioned ealrier in the thread deals specifically with this.It really is not very complicated but a very solid method for minimizing the effects of anomalies throghout the season and reward constistently strong results.
----
― Stephen Richards
Зареждане......
Зареждане......
03.05.2014 - 21:53
 Acquiesce (Мод)
I think that the CW system needs more drastic changes than just this. But seeing as those are unlikely this is fine too. Support
----
The church is near, but the road is icy... the bar is far away, but I will walk carefully...
Зареждане......
Зареждане......
04.05.2014 - 00:24
Написано от Acquiesce, 03.05.2014 at 21:53

I think that the CW system needs more drastic changes than just this. But seeing as those are unlikely this is fine too. Support

I totally agree that more changes would be ideal but like you said, likelyhood of the implementation..:) hence the simplest most effective thing I could think of. I do hope that in the future maybe when devs are finished current projects we could propose even better systems.
----
― Stephen Richards
Зареждане......
Зареждане......
04.05.2014 - 04:30
After thinking of this many times, I decided to support this, but again only Syndi, Illyria, SM, MK, PL, and Evol will actually get over 20 CW's. Also, as Acqui said many other things need to be fixed in the current CW. I dislike how Evol because of their low competence they reached 1k+ CP since they get +100 from any win. Either way, hopefully the CW system will be fixed step by step
----

Spart is love
Зареждане......
Зареждане......
04.05.2014 - 04:49
The CW system,and AW in general should be more motivating and rewarding individually too apart from the number of games,competence etc...For example their should be an MVP each game,best player of the season,player with the most captured capitals and furthermore.Medals,titles..these are the things that could stimulate more competition(mainly from upcoming low and fair ranks) and make stuff actually fun again.Although their are alot of great ideas in this thread that would do real good to the CW system.
----
Ik ben een STD fabriek.
Зареждане......
Зареждане......
04.05.2014 - 06:12
The competence lvl should only reflect the last 20 games
----
"War is nothing but a continuation of politics with the admixture of other means."
― Carl von Clausewitz
Зареждане......
Зареждане......
04.05.2014 - 06:20
Написано от Lemonade, 04.05.2014 at 06:12

The competence lvl should only reflect the last 20 games

while perhaps its true you're only as good as your last cw, i like that theres a rating system separate of seasonal standings.
----
Зареждане......
Зареждане......
04.05.2014 - 08:02
I am pleased to see some of the more estalished names finally contributing to this thread. I believe it took evol storming away with the season to get some to finally contribute(nonetheless this is irrelevant). As most can see the system is obviously flawed and it is up to the competitive community to rally for the desired changes. I believe with the wealth of experience many players possess,that as a community we can combine efforts and really come up with constructive suggestions for improving the system and other aspects accordingly. As has been alluded to previously, it is understood the dev's have other more pressing priorities but it is the hope that some of these suggestions can be implemented as soon as it becomes possible.This would require some consensus from the community though. I urge the community to expend less effort in name calling and petty personal "squabbles" but instead engage our peers in more meaningful discussion on how we can improve various systems and the game all seek to enjoy.
----
― Stephen Richards
Зареждане......
Зареждане......
04.05.2014 - 08:13
Написано от Plato, 04.05.2014 at 04:49

The CW system,and AW in general should be more motivating and rewarding individually too apart from the number of games,competence etc...For example their should be an MVP each game,best player of the season,player with the most captured capitals and furthermore.Medals,titles..these are the things that could stimulate more competition(mainly from upcoming low and fair ranks) and make stuff actually fun again.Although their are alot of great ideas in this thread that would do real good to the CW system.

I really appreciate your contribution to the the thread.The one thing I would not agree with though, is mvp each game. CW is a team contest and I do not agree with the promotion of the individual over the success of the team.I believe any good team player should be willing to do what is necessary for his/her team to be successful.
----
― Stephen Richards
Зареждане......
Зареждане......
04.05.2014 - 08:29
What's meant by that,is that who contributed the most in the victory of his clan(funding-capping-recapping etc...)should be given some credit as in any competitive game as in athelitic sports,it doesn't put the player over the team,just admits his skill and contribution that's all.
----
Ik ben een STD fabriek.
Зареждане......
Зареждане......
04.05.2014 - 09:56
Написано от Silent One_deleted, 04.05.2014 at 08:13

Написано от Plato, 04.05.2014 at 04:49

I really appreciate your contribution to the the thread.The one thing I would not agree with though, is mvp each game. CW is a team contest and I do not agree with the promotion of the individual over the success of the team.I believe any good team player should be willing to do what is necessary for his/her team to be successful.

well there was a thing called atn back in the day where these guys would take ss or even videos of cw's and post them in the forums along with commentary and interview of the mvp and stuff.that was great lol.I know that back then the number of cw's played in general was really low in comparison to what is now, but still the general sense of lemo's suggestion is more attention and focus to the competitive side.But unfortunately we been there before with these suggestions and nothing happened (except i left for 6 months) so i dont see why this time will be any different.

What i can support 100% is raise the number of cw's more, 40 or 50 would be a good number to experiment.Since the competence system makes it so its not really about the strongest clan, then atleast lets put activity in there also.Clans with the most activity, that are able to play all their cws should get first places anyway.
----
Зареждане......
Зареждане......
atWar

About Us
Contact

Поверителност | Правила на играта | Знамена | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Присъединете се към нас.

Разпространете новината.