Вземи премиум и отключи всички добавки
Публикации.: 20   Посещава се от: 71 users
07.02.2011 - 07:48
How about a longer-termed game, sort of a relaxed or casual mode

Turns of 1 day or longer, allows the casual user to check in once a day or so, and make their moves and get on with their lives....

Not sure if the Engine would currently support it, but you could bring in a whole slew of new players into the game who don't have the time, patience, or desire to invest multiple hours into a game....
Зареждане......
Зареждане......
07.02.2011 - 15:13
I think this a pretty good idea if the engine could handle it. I recall my days of playing Risk at Conquerclub. The One turn a day method allowed a great number of busy people to enjoy the game that normally wouldn't be able to.
Зареждане......
Зареждане......
07.02.2011 - 15:17
 Ivan (Админ)
Yes, we've been considering it. Technically, it should already be possible right now, but we want to see if the experience can be improved for long-term games.
Зареждане......
Зареждане......
07.02.2011 - 15:43
Prehaps a way to pause a game and setting a time when the game can start again. It would be nice but I really think it would not be used much at all.
Зареждане......
Зареждане......
07.02.2011 - 15:47
 Amok (Админ)
Написано от King Cow, 07.02.2011 at 15:43

Prehaps a way to pause a game and setting a time when the game can start again. It would be nice but I really think it would not be used much at all.

That's also in our long todo list . It has a low priority for the exact reason you mentioned.
Зареждане......
Зареждане......
07.02.2011 - 15:47
I think the whole point would be for asynchronous connection for ppl to find whatever 5 minutes during the day they can find.....
Зареждане......
Зареждане......
07.02.2011 - 15:57
Yes but the ammount of people who can organise themselves to do this will be very small. Combine that with people not being motivated to rejoin. (if you are losing for instance) or just plain forgetting to rejoin you can start to see the problem I do.

It would be nice though I agree and espically usefull for mods, trying to mod and play in 2 min turns is micro hell
Зареждане......
Зареждане......
07.02.2011 - 17:32
This doesn't sound too difficult. And is certianly a good idea. Just so Long as the host and everyone can disconnect. It should just be an option called "persistent game". I hope they implement it soon.
Зареждане......
Зареждане......
07.02.2011 - 18:25
Relax don't do it
When you want to to go to it
Relax don't do it
When you want to come
Relax don't do it
When you want to suck to it
Relax don't do it
When you want to come
Come-oh oh oh

And yes, this sounds like a good edition to the game. I'll probably never use it though.
Зареждане......
Зареждане......
08.02.2011 - 06:54
Remember that most of your beta crowd are the intense idiots who CAN afford to put in an hour or four at a time for a game but you'd open up a HUGE market for people who want to spend a few minutes each day on a game (a la Facebook games like Farmville). Essentially you'd be inviting the 'normal people' to join the nuthouse.
Зареждане......
Зареждане......
08.02.2011 - 13:07
If you implement long games like this maybe rig it so the system sends you an email when its your turn.
Зареждане......
Зареждане......
08.02.2011 - 13:47
That wouldn't really be necessary if it was a single move per day.
Зареждане......
Зареждане......
09.02.2011 - 13:18
It would be for forgetful people like me
Зареждане......
Зареждане......
20.02.2011 - 10:26
Написано от n00less cluebie, 08.02.2011 at 06:54

Essentially you'd be inviting the 'normal people' to join the nuthouse.

Were is this nuthouse and how do I join? I think I exceed the qualifications...
Зареждане......
Зареждане......
20.02.2011 - 11:27
Написано от Amok, 07.02.2011 at 15:47

Написано от King Cow, 07.02.2011 at 15:43

That's also in our long todo list . It has a low priority for the exact reason you mentioned.

The more I think about this, the more I think it should be moved higher on the to-do-list.

Yes, KingCow is unlikely to use it much, and perhaps many of your Beta-Testers will be unlikely to, but when a 'short' Europe game is still over an hour, and a full-world game exceeds 3-4, you're never going to get the casual fans to play....

For casual mode you'd probably need the ability to be part of multiple games at once (5 minutes or so a day to make a move in 4-5 games is probably the ideal investment of time the average facebook user could handle...)

As a revenue model, you can have these 'casual' games be free (with some ad support) while those who get hooked into wanted fast-pace games would have to subscribe.

Just my 2-cents
Зареждане......
Зареждане......
12.03.2011 - 12:43
Gigglin pointed out this thread... for my friends and I that play Stars! and Warfish (one of the online Risk sites) we rarely have the ability to spend 2+ hours online at the same time, so Asynch turns is key for us to play together (otherwise we get together and play Carcassonne or Settlers face to face)
Зареждане......
Зареждане......
13.03.2011 - 00:20
Yay for settlers!
Зареждане......
Зареждане......
16.03.2011 - 13:08
That would be great, perhaps we could play them at the same time as we are playing other maps.

Bigger SP rewards.
Зареждане......
Зареждане......
16.03.2011 - 16:57
Yes, multiple games at once is nice. One easy implementation is just to add an option for 12, or 24 hour turns.
Then, you could get more complex with options to gen a turn when all turns are submitted, or, gen only once every X hours.

What would be cool about generating only every X hours is that you can still limit peoples turn time so they can't spend hours poring over the map, but can in fact just take their turn quickly once a day.

Then of course, you get into vacation time, missed turns, etc. Which all can start to add complication.
Зареждане......
Зареждане......
16.03.2011 - 17:07
Написано от Silentg, 16.03.2011 at 16:57

Yes, multiple games at once is nice. One easy implementation is just to add an option for 12, or 24 hour turns.

Agree... make it that a player can play many games at once...
So I can play like 15 world games at once time but they each player has 1 day to make a turn...
I like the quick games but if I could play 15 at once time that would be cool....

Hell I would like to play 2 euros at the same time with 6 min turns... so I could use 3 turns on each game...

but ya I think it would be very easy to setup.
Зареждане......
Зареждане......
atWar

About Us
Contact

Поверителност | Правила на играта | Знамена | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Присъединете се към нас.

Разпространете новината.