Вземи премиум и отключи всички добавки
Публикации.: 103   Посещава се от: 216 users
09.12.2021 - 14:40
As a longtime member, I am always looking for ways to improve our community and encourage new members. I think that Scenarios Maps are an excellent complement to the standard World Maps and EU maps.

We should have Marathon-Scenario-Map Days a few days out of the week. On these days we pick one of the most popular Senario Map in a specific category and host only that same map in that category, all day, back to back. This way people can play the maps they like best.

I propose that we begin by testing this concept a few days a week, ie Thurday, Saturday, Sunday, or whatever combination of days. We would vote to host the most popular map in a given category (IE. WW1 / WW2, Ancient / Rise of Rome, Fantasy 3rd age / 4th age, ect). Then we simply rotate the category for the next Marathon-Map-Day and decide which scenario map to host for that day. We can use a poll perhapse?

Among the many benefits for hosting Marathon-Scenario-Map Days include;

1) Enjoy playing more and waiting less! - No more waiting around for an hour (or hours!) for a game to fill and start or fail because there are numerous other scenario maps being hosted.

2) Instant remake! -If game fails, there is instant remake, quick fill and start.

3) Develop familiarity and experience with a particular scenario map! -This is especially important to newer, up and coming scenario players. Most scenario maps are played on rare occasion, 1x every 2 weeks. This offers little hope of newer player participation because of the complexity of scenario maps, with particular events, unit types, and specific faction play styles.

4) Improve quantity and quality of Senario map players!

5) More actual games= more active community! -Guys let's face the fact, our community is not as active as it used to be. We are lucky to get more than 2 scenario map plays on a weekend, and more than 1 full entire game on a weekday, of course this is after waiting around all afternoon, after 2,3, or even 4 failed games for an actual game. This can only leads to less active members in the future.

6) (Feel free to add to this list? :-)

We can start hosting Marathon-Scenario-Map Days Thursday, Saturday, Sunday.

-Thursday -Ancient map: most popular map of the daily / weekly poll.

-Saturday -WW1 / WW2 category - (Fact is this catagory has the greatest amount of appeal to the scenario players in the community) most popular map of the weekly poll.

-Sunday- Fantasy Category - (most popular map of the weekly poll).

Please make your suggestions! Perhaps we can use a poll to have a final vote on which days to assign to which scenario maps. I would also assume we would need admin to support the concept.
Зареждане......
Зареждане......
09.12.2021 - 15:17
Not a bad idea
Зареждане......
Зареждане......
09.12.2021 - 16:26
Its a good idea, but is hard to implement with such a small player base. Give it a shot though, anything to bring our childhood game back.
----
"You're aren't " - epic backflip
Зареждане......
Зареждане......
09.12.2021 - 17:24
Map Makers should have the ability to Create Long term "Campaigns" or single Player In Scenarios
----
*War in Europe again isn't good for anyone... that's why the EU is an Absolute! Long Live The Forth Realm! Long Live Europe!*
Зареждане......
Зареждане......
09.12.2021 - 23:36
 Mobster (Мод)
Написано от DeepFriedUnicorn, 09.12.2021 at 17:24

Map Makers should have the ability to Create Long term "Campaigns" or single Player In Scenarios

Campaigns, sounds cool.
You know, missions for specific picks in a scenario. Once a player completes them all, they should get the win and sp. Even if they get capped/killed afterwards.

My examples to suggest, if that happens:
-Capture city A
-Make 10 banks in your cities
-Recruit 500 cavalries
-Capture city C, then build a Fortress there
-Kill player D
-Lose 500 units
-Lose 500 units to player E
-Ally player E, declare war on player F etc.

You meant something else but this came to my mind while thinking about it so I wanted to write it down here before it goes away.
Зареждане......
Зареждане......
09.12.2021 - 23:45
Написано от Mobster, 09.12.2021 at 23:36

Campaigns, sounds cool.
You know, missions for specific picks in a scenario. Once a player completes them all, they should get the win and sp. Even if they get capped/killed afterwards.

Just like Dire's achievement idea I really think It would be a nice add on for scenarios to implement killing specific units to unlock a reward or achievement of some sort, maybe even taking away events themselves and having events locked behind in game situations. It makes the game more dynamic and different with a better reward system for competing. For example taking a specific country to unlock a inflation event for an enemy player.
----
The Gifted INC.

Зареждане......
Зареждане......
09.12.2021 - 23:47
 Mobster (Мод)
Написано от Almighty Pyrex, 09.12.2021 at 23:45

Campaigns, sounds cool.

Just like Dire's achievement idea I really think It would be a nice add on for scenarios to implement killing specific units to unlock a reward or achievement of some sort, maybe even taking away events themselves and having events locked behind in game situations. It makes the game more dynamic and different with a better reward system for competing. For example taking a specific country to unlock a inflation event for an enemy player.

Well, and maybe kill a specific unit to unlock a special unit! Can you imagine how cool it would be if map makers could manipulate things like that?
Зареждане......
Зареждане......
09.12.2021 - 23:55
Nice
Зареждане......
Зареждане......
10.12.2021 - 00:11
I can play this evening, what scenarios are good?
----

Зареждане......
Зареждане......
10.12.2021 - 00:58
Написано от Mobster, 09.12.2021 at 23:47

Написано от Almighty Pyrex, 09.12.2021 at 23:45

Campaigns, sounds cool.

Well, and maybe kill a specific unit to unlock a special unit! Can you imagine how cool it would be if map makers could manipulate things like that?

Right, small things like this where its 100% at the discretion of the map creator are great
----
The Gifted INC.

Зареждане......
Зареждане......
10.12.2021 - 00:59
Heinz this is a solid post- supported
----
The Gifted INC.

Зареждане......
Зареждане......
10.12.2021 - 08:00
Ww1 is hosted 24/7 what's the point ?
if you can disable ww1 map for 6 days then sure.
Зареждане......
Зареждане......
10.12.2021 - 09:28
Yeah i agree this!
Зареждане......
Зареждане......
10.12.2021 - 10:45
 Alex
I dont like limiting things especially in atwar that has so many maps, let everybody host and play whatever map they want
----
Orcs are a horde, much like Turks. Elves and Men are light skinned, Orcs are often darker/sallow skinned, like Turks.

Istanbul?Thats not how you pronounce Constantinople
Зареждане......
Зареждане......
10.12.2021 - 10:47
Написано от Alex, 10.12.2021 at 10:45

I dont like limiting things especially in atwar that has so many maps, let everybody host and play whatever map they want

Alex, I appreciate your feedback. Yes, I agree Atwar "has so many maps". The problem is that we don't have nearly enough of an active member community to play all of them!

My concern is that currently we have trouble hosting and starting even the most popular scenario maps. They often fail before they even start (or during choosing factions). In fact this even happens on weekends now, with multiple games failing back to back, as people try to host different maps, one after another. One of the main reasons is members have very strong preferences.

Therefore, we should set up a system to set a few days a week (Thursday or Friday, Saturday and Sunday) to choose a category for each day, (this is so we give most popular maps in all categories an even chance, Ancient Maps, Fantasy, Modern, ect, not just ww1 / ww2) and choose the map for that day.

As I have suggested, we can rotate categories, and scenario maps to give even chance for all the different maps. We can implement polls, one week in advance, to choose the "Map of the day".

That way players who have a preference for playing ancient, fantasy, ww1/ww2 maps, are much more likely to make time to log on for that day (and we can actually have multiple games like we use to long ago).

This will also encourage inactive community members to log on during the week to suggest the new maps and choose the maps to play during the Marathon-Map-Day event.
Зареждане......
Зареждане......
10.12.2021 - 11:25
Написано от Johnny., 10.12.2021 at 08:00

Ww1 is hosted 24/7 what's the point ?
if you can disable ww1 map for 6 days then sure.

Yes, I agree. The Marathon-Map-Day system will be 3 days a week (Thursday or Friday, Saturday and Sunday). It will be a different category for each day, (this is so we give most popular maps in all categories an even chance, Ancient Maps, Fantasy, Modern, ect, not just ww1 / ww2).

Members will suggest multiple maps in each category for the upcoming Marathon-Map-Day, and they choose the map for that day using a poll.
Зареждане......
Зареждане......
10.12.2021 - 13:04
I like the concept, good idea.
Зареждане......
Зареждане......
10.12.2021 - 14:58
-OP Idea
Зареждане......
Зареждане......
10.12.2021 - 19:49
Really great idea, Heinz is for sure the most important player in 2021. #HEINZ #MAGGA #TRUMP2024 #LETS GO BIG #TEAM MAVERICK
Зареждане......
Зареждане......
11.12.2021 - 00:12
You're basically trying to make it so that it's literally impossible to play any map that's not one of the "popular maps"
----
Someone Better Than You
Зареждане......
Зареждане......
11.12.2021 - 01:51
Написано от Zephyrusu, 11.12.2021 at 00:12

You're basically trying to make it so that it's literally impossible to play any map that's not one of the "popular maps"

I would agree with you if we still had many scenarios filled spontaniously, but right now there are not many players in the lobby and if we want to boost activity we should schedule.
----

Зареждане......
Зареждане......
11.12.2021 - 19:11

Me parece una muy buena idea; generando escenarios de guerras épicas del mundo y no solo basado en las que ocurrieron en Europa (WWI, WWII).

Se puede tomar con referencia la Guerra del Pacífico o la lucha de la colonización Española en América del Sur.
Зареждане......
Зареждане......
12.12.2021 - 09:58
Support
Зареждане......
Зареждане......
12.12.2021 - 13:52
Написано от The_Empirezz, 12.12.2021 at 09:58

Support

Better stay away from this, you and your toxic clans are the main issue in scenario and non comp community.
Зареждане......
Зареждане......
13.12.2021 - 09:14
 Evic
Написано от Marcos_VzR, 12.12.2021 at 13:52

Support

Better stay away from this, you and your toxic clans are the main issue in scenario and non comp community.

true dat
Зареждане......
Зареждане......
13.12.2021 - 12:21

Support

I just checked your forum post history and I am shocked to see your post history. Which scenario player hurt you like this bro?

You should give the game another chance rather than resign yourself to an inactive clan and being a salty nuisance on the forums. Free to pm me to play with me anytime, let's treat each other with dignity around here.
Зареждане......
Зареждане......
13.12.2021 - 12:37
Написано от The_Empirezz, 13.12.2021 at 12:21

Support

I just checked your forum post history and I am shocked to see your post history. Which scenario player hurt you like this bro?

You should give the game another chance rather than resign yourself to an inactive clan and being a salty nuisance on the forums. Free to pm me to play with me anytime, let's treat each other with dignity around here.

If i could enumerate every single one of the toxic guys on either the empire or first order i would ran away of letters: ItsGG, sirivann, epixepistle, edusigo, etc, etc.

You guys have always tried to monopolize scenario playing and the worst thing is that you treat the rest of the players that are not in said clans with insults and other toxic things. I think I speak for all the casuals and those who play scenarios from time to time that you guys in general are some of the most toxic things on atwar, and most former members of said clans can attest to that. That is why it would be best if you guys do not meddle in events or initiatives promoted by other players.
Зареждане......
Зареждане......
13.12.2021 - 13:59
Написано от Marcos_VzR, 13.12.2021 at 12:37

If i could enumerate every single one of the toxic guys on either the empire or first order i would ran away of letters: ItsGG, sirivann, epixepistle, edusigo, etc, etc.

You guys have always tried to monopolize scenario playing and the worst thing is that you treat the rest of the players that are not in said clans with insults and other toxic things. I think I speak for all the casuals and those who play scenarios from time to time that you guys in general are some of the most toxic things on atwar, and most former members of said clans can attest to that. That is why it would be best if you guys do not meddle in events or initiatives promoted by other players.

As an ex Empire players I can say that it was the nicest atwar enivornment I have ever been too. Atwar players are very proud, and it yielsa amazing friendahips and adventures, but it also leads people to be really shitty to each other. Of all clans I found that The Empire is actually the most restraint ones.

Unless ofcourse you know nicer clans.
----

Зареждане......
Зареждане......
13.12.2021 - 14:18
Написано от Rock Lee, 13.12.2021 at 13:59

You guys have always tried to monopolize scenario playing and the worst thing is that you treat the rest of the players that are not in said clans with insults and other toxic things. I

As an ex Empire players I can say that it was the nicest atwar enivornment I have ever been too. Atwar players are very proud, and it yielsa amazing friendahips and adventures, but it also leads people to be really shitty to each other. Of all clans I found that The Empire is actually the most restraint ones.

Unless ofcourse you know nicer clans.

Marcos I can understand why you feel this way, but dont blame Empi. I have know Empi for a long time, for whom I can only have the highest praise. He is very helpful and dedicated to our community. Unfortunately, I cant say the same about some of the other names you mentioned... In fact, only just the opposite.

Yes I agree with you Marcos, you have a point. The high ranking and active scenario players are the first to play new maps, develop familiarity and give there personal input (IE, reinf, income, unit attack/defense statistics, events, ect). When lower ranks, who are not as active (ie weekend players), play they are quickly eliminated during the game. After their initial play performance, in a scenario which they are completely unfamiliar with, they will get kicked before starting (or even banned). This makes it "literally impossible to play" for them. This only discourages and decreases the active community.
Зареждане......
Зареждане......
13.12.2021 - 14:37

Написано от The_Empirezz, 13.12.2021 at 12:21

Support

Im not in the empire nor first order. Check your facts.
Зареждане......
Зареждане......
atWar

About Us
Contact

Поверителност | Правила на играта | Знамена | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Присъединете се към нас.

Разпространете новината.