Вземи премиум и отключи всички добавки
Публикации.: 28   Посещава се от: 312 users
08.01.2013 - 15:29
From what I've seen DS is almost impossible to defeat with pretty much any strat due to the -2 defence on infantry, which is probably the most used unit. Anyone got any suggestions to beat it?
----
The funny thing about this is by the time you realize that this is completely pointless, it's too late to stop reading.
Зареждане......
Зареждане......
08.01.2013 - 15:49
 F16
Anti-air . with militia
Зареждане......
Зареждане......
08.01.2013 - 21:10
AlexMeza
Профилът е изтрит.
GW is good.
If you're using PD or GW, just make sure to spam militias where he's going to attack, infantries are worse.
Зареждане......
Зареждане......
09.01.2013 - 02:25
Yeah infantry used to have -3 defence against helicopters and since they took that away desert storm has been even more useless. I don't see you have a problem defending it barely anyone uses it to my knowledge and even when they do it is insignifgent to me.
----
I hate to advocate drugs alcohol and violence to the kids, but it's always worked for me.
Зареждане......
Зареждане......
10.01.2013 - 16:33
Guest48145
Профилът е изтрит.
Still has -2 def on them...
Зареждане......
Зареждане......
12.01.2013 - 17:44
SM beats DS most of the time, but it sometimes depends on how aggressive your opponent is. I've beaten SM a decent amount of times with DS, but I just had to play it safe.
Зареждане......
Зареждане......
15.01.2013 - 00:35
My issue is that i'm almost a pure PD player, and DS strongly counters PD. The only small luck i've had in those times is to try and make the DS player attack multiple places. but in general, your in trouble. To beat DS, you have to tb the helis and kill them, which can be hard with fully powered infantry. In my opinion DS is currently overpowered.
-Freeland
----
-Freeland how cliche after every post.
Зареждане......
Зареждане......
15.01.2013 - 03:52
Cow
Профилът е изтрит.
You wrote that you're almost a pure PD player but think DS is OP.
If you keep losing with a certain strategy then play another one and stop calling your opponents strategy OP only because you can't beat it.
As a side note: I am in the position to tell you that PD and Imperialist can be very strong against DS depending on your enemies country choice, if you play them right your DS playing enemy will feel that those are OP even. This was already the case before DS got nerfed.
Pro-Tip: Look for weaknesses in your gameplay before you start blaming yours and your enemies strategies.
Зареждане......
Зареждане......
15.01.2013 - 10:34
You need to attack a ds player rather than defend all the time. Tank strategies can be good (tg and gc)

also marine strategies obviously.

pd and imp can be effective depending on country choice and how much inf/militia you spam more than the helicopters attacking.
Зареждане......
Зареждане......
15.01.2013 - 10:45
AlexMeza
Профилът е изтрит.
Написано от Mr. Tank, 15.01.2013 at 10:34

You need to attack a ds player rather than defend all the time. Tank strategies can be good (tg and gc)

pd and imp can be effective depending on country choice and how much inf/militia you spam more than the helicopters attacking.

Tank General has no defence, not a very good strat.
Зареждане......
Зареждане......
15.01.2013 - 12:40
Написано от Guest, 15.01.2013 at 10:45

i disagree, the defence isn't good but it isn't bad either. a good balance of organised stacks with wall laterals with a decent offensive force can make it deadly. the problem is the cost over power, which makes one of the weakest pound for pound strategies. However, using it with cheap countries like ukraine, poland, austria and sweden and using the tactic of rush will work well with tank general.
Зареждане......
Зареждане......
15.01.2013 - 16:14
AlexMeza
Профилът е изтрит.
Написано от Mr. Tank, 15.01.2013 at 12:40

Написано от Guest, 15.01.2013 at 10:45

i disagree, the defence isn't good but it isn't bad either. a good balance of organised stacks with wall laterals with a decent offensive force can make it deadly. the problem is the cost over power, which makes one of the weakest pound for pound strategies. However, using it with cheap countries like ukraine, poland, austria and sweden and using the tactic of rush will work well with tank general.

Tank General is easily countered with PD, Infantries are so much cheaper.
Зареждане......
Зареждане......
15.01.2013 - 23:02
Guys, i'm not saying desert storm cannot be beaten. but this is what i am saying.
-Stronger than bombers at killing infantry.
-The infantry dont have the nerf of pd inf, so better expansion

-> therefore, it is complicated to counter stike DS with pd. since the inf can group up easier than pd, with minimal nerfs, effectively attacking is a challenge. All i am saying is that against DS as PD, you are in a lose-lose situation of the helis hit very hard even to your stong infantry, and the infantry they make has great stopping potential. Sure i need to work on my game, we all do. I'm just pointing out that I have a particular difficulty against DS as pd, almost to the point i feel its op.
-freeland
----
-Freeland how cliche after every post.
Зареждане......
Зареждане......
20.03.2013 - 20:30
SM Ukraine > DS Europe Player
Зареждане......
Зареждане......
04.04.2013 - 08:12
Написано от clovis1122, 20.03.2013 at 18:51

Написано от Guest, 15.01.2013 at 16:14

Expain me how 23 PD inf lost against 19 TG tanks on city... ;_;

By easily countered he meant by number of units fully upgraded Infantry only cost $50 while tanks cost double or more (not sure).
Зареждане......
Зареждане......
04.04.2013 - 09:46
Tanks cost money.
No defense.
Thus with DS's unaltered infantry and ability to move marines you are going to jew yourself out of a proper defensive. Any smart DS player will sneak behind your lines take all the cities you couldn't AFFORD to border because you didn't HAVE MONEY FROM THE TANKS you bought.

TG/RA vs. DS = no.
----
"Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one"
Зареждане......
Зареждане......
25.07.2013 - 15:22
omarauf
Профилът е изтрит.
I love playing with DS and always play DS ukraine , and the only way to win is with SM spain and spam bombers everywhere
Зареждане......
Зареждане......
25.07.2013 - 17:22
I just won a Europe game with DS Spain. Not the best choice, but Ukraine was already taken. I had never tried it before. Opponents kept building infantry stacks to defend capitals so it was relatively easy. I felt very vulnerable defensively, but I didn't have to defend much luckily. I would guess, as a PD player, you could counter by attacking with marines or bombers (even though infantry is your best unit).
Зареждане......
Зареждане......
31.07.2013 - 01:22
Написано от Dr Lecter, 04.04.2013 at 09:46

Tanks cost money.
No defense.
Thus with DS's unaltered infantry and ability to move marines you are going to jew yourself out of a proper defensive. Any smart DS player will sneak behind your lines take all the cities you couldn't AFFORD to border because you didn't HAVE MONEY FROM THE TANKS you bought.

TG/RA vs. DS = no.

I definitely disagree and I've beaten DS on 10k with RA Finland/Poland.

Helis cost money too. Any smart RA player will take cheap country and will have plenty of money to take high income countries. He doesn't need money for walls because it can use militia from conquered cities. In addition, helis have no advantage against tanks and no one builds infantry to defend with RA anyway. Either spam militia or if you have spare cash, build a stack of bombers.

The problem is in 3k games with DS Ireland, cause he can take inf capitals way too quickly.
Зареждане......
Зареждане......
31.07.2013 - 01:23
Написано от clovis1122, 20.03.2013 at 18:51

Написано от Guest, 15.01.2013 at 16:14

Expain me how 23 PD inf lost against 19 TG tanks on city... ;_;

Do you have a screenshot? Cause now it sounds like yours imagination.
Зареждане......
Зареждане......
31.07.2013 - 01:29
Написано от Freeland, 15.01.2013 at 23:02

Guys, i'm not saying desert storm cannot be beaten. but this is what i am saying.
-Stronger than bombers at killing infantry.
-The infantry dont have the nerf of pd inf, so better expansion

-> therefore, it is complicated to counter stike DS with pd. since the inf can group up easier than pd, with minimal nerfs, effectively attacking is a challenge. All i am saying is that against DS as PD, you are in a lose-lose situation of the helis hit very hard even to your stong infantry, and the infantry they make has great stopping potential. Sure i need to work on my game, we all do. I'm just pointing out that I have a particular difficulty against DS as pd, almost to the point i feel its op.
-freeland

It's the same lose-lose situation with RA vs PD (PD is op). Don't use PD if you know your opponent is using DS. Go with any strat which does not need infs to be successful.
Зареждане......
Зареждане......
31.07.2013 - 01:45
Написано от ifinishlast, 31.07.2013 at 01:22

Написано от Dr Lecter, 04.04.2013 at 09:46

Tanks cost money.
No defense.

TG/RA vs. DS = no.

I definitely disagree and I've beaten DS on 10k with RA Finland/Poland.

Helis cost money too. Any smart RA player will take cheap country and will have plenty of money to take high income countries. He doesn't need money for walls because it can use militia from conquered cities. In addition, helis have no advantage against tanks and no one builds infantry to defend with RA anyway. Either spam militia or if you have spare cash, build a stack of bombers.

The problem is in 3k games with DS Ireland, cause he can take inf capitals way too quickly.

It depends on who you're fighting, then. Although, in hindsight, RA probably fairs better than PD or IF. After all, both strategies require infantry which are susceptible to DS Helicopter's vs. Infantry buff.
----
Зареждане......
Зареждане......
31.07.2013 - 02:24
In order to be successful, RA does not require inf at all. I only use it for suicidal missions like filling a transport and then breaking multiple walls (it's cheaper than sacrificing tanks).
Зареждане......
Зареждане......
31.07.2013 - 03:10
Написано от ifinishlast, 31.07.2013 at 02:24

In order to be successful, RA does not require inf at all. I only use it for suicidal missions like filling a transport and then breaking multiple walls (it's cheaper than sacrificing tanks).

That's exactly my point.
----
Зареждане......
Зареждане......
04.08.2013 - 04:53
I think we're missing a vital point here--PD Infantry have NINE defense when they are in cities or in defense lines, due to the +2 bonus PD gives them. Infantry by default have a -2 defense against Helicopters. These two cancel out, and the results are: Helicopters have no bonus attack/Infantry have no bonus defense. PD Infantry still have 7 defense against the DS Helicopters with 8 attack.

In short, defending with Perfect Defense is the best way to counter Desert Storm, in a defensive battle and offensive, due to DS's low defense units. Just keep these in mind when playing against a DS player: when moving your Infantry, put them in defense lines, and avoid leaving them in the open as much as possible.
----
The bitterest truth is sometimes better than the sweetest lie - Griffin, MIB III
Зареждане......
Зареждане......
16.09.2013 - 15:52
Написано от Permamuted, 16.09.2013 at 11:50

actually, unless you've a general in the infantry stack, the infantry only have 6 defense, as its 6+1(pd bonus)+1( if in city/defense line)-2(helicopter bonus vs infantry)

so pd is not the best way to counter DS

Actually, it's +2 for city/defense line (boosted by pd), so defense is 7, 1 lower than helicopter's 8 attack.

Then consider that upgraded pd infantry only cost 50 each, whereas DS helicopters cost 130
----
Зареждане......
Зареждане......
16.09.2013 - 15:55
Yep, PD is OP it gets +2 in a city...
Зареждане......
Зареждане......
16.09.2013 - 22:41
Rip thunder op belarus and poland ds
----
Зареждане......
Зареждане......
atWar

About Us
Contact

Поверителност | Правила на играта | Знамена | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Присъединете се към нас.

Разпространете новината.